This course in designed for those that wish to become a professional psychotherapist. Admission on to the course is only on the basis of suitable prior education or work experience.
Each year of the course is of Diploma length and as such may be done in isolation with prior suitable qualifications.
The year one Hypnotherapy Diploma is mapped to the minimum standards of Complimentary & Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) for registration as a Hypnotherapist and part of the Government Scheme of the Accredited Voluntary Register (AVR). The first and second year individually is mapped into the minimum training standards of the National Council of Psychotherapists and entitle the graduate to apply for full membership on the completion of either year. The graduate of the two years will be entitled to use the letters ADEP after their name.
There are many models of psychotherapy, coaching and counselling all of which have strengths and limitations. With experience and over many years most therapists work in an integrated way as their CPD and experience progresses. The combination presented in this Diploma combines theory and practice over several models combining to make Effective Psychotherapy©.
Effective Psychotherapy is a solution focused, client centred approach to emotional growth and wellbeing that emphasises the individual’s capacity for controlling, altering and creating their emotional states. It utilises several models of therapy including Freudian psychoanalysis, CBT and elements of coaching. It allows psychotherapists to pick and choose the best fitting mode of therapy and to change it within the process to assist clients to understand how the past affects the present. Graduates of this course will be able to mix and match from several theories of therapy to best fit their client circumstances. The course also then focuses on currently held attitudes and beliefs, emotions and behaviours known to be self-defeating for the person. It helps clients to change maladaptive thinking, feelings and behaviour to more healthy realistic alternatives which help establish new, more constructive patterns for living a more fulfilling life.
Demand for psychotherapy has never been greater and continues to grow as people learn that there is no stigma in sometimes needing and asking for help from a professional psychotherapist.
ABOUT RAY FREEMAN TRAINING LTD.
WE PROMOTE ACCESS TO EXCELLENCE ENABLING YOU TO REALISE YOUR POTENTIAL.
- We value and practise equality of opportunity, transparency and tolerance.
- We strive for excellence in all we do: locally regionally, nationally and internationally.
- We encourage and promote research innovation and creativity.
- We work in partnership with business, the community and other educators.
Coaching & Psychotherapy Training Ltd and its partners recognise and value individual difference and have a public duty to promote equality and remove discrimination in relation to race, gender, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation and age.
The venue is Silsden Clinic. 32 Kirkgate. Silsden. BD20 0AL. Coaching & Psychotherapy Ltd reserves the right to change the venue at short notice before the start or during the course.
For dates and course fees please see Dates & Prices Menu.
This represents a clear statement of Coaching & Psychotherapy Training Ltd and its partners’ intentions to deliver agreed standards for a range of academic services. It spells out what is expected of you as a student and the contribution that can be made to gain the most benefit from your study time through our courses.
You will get the best out of your study time with Coaching & Psychotherapy Training Ltd if you are committed to:
- Completing your work to the best of your ability and submitting it in good time
- Not committing plagiarism
- Keeping up to date with course information through the learning platform, email or other channels
- Using the feedback you are given to improve subsequent work
- Making appropriate use of tutor’s time
- Taking responsibility for your personal development planning and skills development
We aim to:
- Give you feedback on assessed work within 15 working days
- Give you clear, legible and informative feedback on your work
- Be available for timed appointments
- Treat you with respect at all times
- Support you in your preparation for the work
- Help create a professional therapist who conducts best practice.