SUPERVISOR TRAINING COURSE
This one weekend course is intended as a formal qualification to supervising skills in the field of counselling, psychotherapy and coaching. Students of this course will be shown how to increase their effectiveness and understanding of the supervision process and introduced to background theory that will enhance their own reflective practice.
Application for on this course will acceptable from practising counsellors, psychotherapists or coaches, regardless of modality. They need to be seeing clients of their own on a regular basis and be in regular supervision themselves. They will also need to find access to at least one supervisee so that they may meet the requirements of the course where they will be writing a case study of their supervision practice.
AIMS OF THE COURSE
a. To provide study opportunities and skills as a basis for their progression in the field.
b. To introduce an essential knowledge and understanding of providing supervision to others.
c. To encourage the appropriate use and application of these learned skills.
By the end of the Course it is expected that attendees will be able;
1. To use the practical skills appropriate to supervision and to consider their own developmental needs necessary to be a supervisor.
2. To be able to demonstrate an understanding of the general nature of supervision from the aspect of the supervisor.
3. To demonstrate understanding the nature of the relationship between supervisor and supervisee.
4. To demonstrate the ability to work independently and within a group.
INDICATIVE COURSE CONTENT
• What is Supervision?
• Why you want to be a Supervisor
• Contracting for Supervision
• Models of Supervision
• Case Study
• Power in Relationships
• A Reflective Journal
By the end of the Course attendees will;
1. Have an understanding of at least one model of supervision.
2. Have had opportunity to practice this model of supervision in a safe environment.
3. Be aware of the ethical requirements of supervision.
4. Have been able to reflect on their personal development.
There are four requirements to get the Certificate.
1. The main assignment is a case study of your supervision practice. You must have signed permission from your supervisee and there is a maximum of 2,000 words.
2. Ten hours of supervision practice.
3. A reflective journal of your experiences of supervising others completed during your case study work.
You will be given a detailed brief for each of these assignments and plenty of tutorial time to guide you through the process. Grading for the course is pass/fail.
COACHING & PSYCHOTHERAPY TRAINING LTD MISSION STATEMENT
We promote access to excellence enabling you to realise your potential.
• We value and practise equality of opportunity, transparency and tolerance.
• We strive for excellence in all we do.
• We encourage and promote research innovation and creativity.
• We work in partnership with business, the community and other educators.
TBC, please contact us.